All of New Brunswick:
- Planned expansions of the wild blueberry industry has a projected industry revenue of $72.9 million.
- Planned expansions of the wild blueberry industry will create a contribution to the provincial GDP by $1.2 billion by 2033.
- By 2033, the wild blueberry industry will have created over 10,000 jobs in New Brunswick.
Northeastern New Brunswick:
- Planned expansions of the wild blueberry industry has a projected GDP of $610 million for Northeastern New Brunswick alone by 2033.
- By expanding our wild blueberry industry, the combined labour income expected for Northeastern New Brunswick is $324 million combined in 2033.
Effects on Social Impact:
- As a major industry in the Northeastern region of New Brunswick, wild blueberry operations support employment, income and generate spending in the area’s economy which helps increase income levels.
- There was a 41.9% decrease in people who were in a low-income level in Gloucester County from 2015-2021, during a time of growth in the GDP and labour income for wild blueberry producers in the region.
- Wild blueberries can boost tourism to the region.
- Truman Blueberry Farms attracted over 100,000 tourists to the rural community of Aulac in one season.