Ingredients for 8 mini-burgers:
For the buns:
2 cups (500 ml) pastry flour
½ cup (125 ml) milk
¼ cup (60 ml) milk powder
1 tbsp. (15 ml) sugar
1/8 cup (30 ml) fresh yeast
¼ cup (60 ml) butter, melted
1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
½ cup (125 ml) wild blueberries (frozen)
1 egg yolk
For the filling:
½ cup (125 ml) hazelnut kernels, chopped
1 tsp. (5 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
1 ripe avocado, preferably type „Hass“
2 tsp. (10 ml) lime juice
1/3 cup (80 ml) Mizuna, alternatively rocket
4 tbsp. (60 ml) mango chutney
For the patties:
1 1/3 lb (600 g) corn-fed chicken breast, without skin or tendon
1 tsp. (5 ml) lemon zest
- For the buns, put flour into a bowl and form a nest. Mix ½ cup (125 ml) milk powder, sugar and yeast, then pour into the nest. Mix again with flour and leave it covered for 10 minutes.
- Blend egg with butter and salt and knead with the dough for at least 8-10 minutes until smooth (f. ex. with a kitchen machine). Leave dough covered for another 30 minutes.
- Add frozen blueberries to the dough, knead it and divide into 16 portions. First form round balls and then roll them flat with the help of a rolling pin. Place onto a baking tray covered with baking paper and leave them for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 390 °F. Whisk egg yolk and the remaining milk together and spread over each bun. Bake at the bottom of the oven for about 16 minutes. Let cool down.
- Meanwhile, caramelize hazelnut kernels with olive oil and honey in a pan until they are brown. Season with salt and Piment D’Espelette.
- Peel avocado, remove the pit and slice it. Add salt and some lime juice. Wash and afterwards spin-dry leaf salad.
- Finely dice the meat, season with lemon zest and salt, then form patties (size according to the buns). Fry in a pan with olive oil on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Make small burgers of blueberry buns, patties, mango chutney, avocado, hazelnut crunch and leaf salad.
Tip: You can also spread some liquid butter or olive oil over the buns and leave them in the oven until they are light brown. It will prevent the sauce from soaking rapidly into the bun.